A Thoughtful 'Anti-Stress' Gift For Holiday Guests
Do you have family or friends staying with you over the holidays? When they arrive with a fabulous hostess gift (hopefully!) you can greet them with a thoughtful gift of your own. Chances are they’ll be tired and cranky after traveling so it’s the perfect time for a little ‘anti-stress’ aromatherapy. With a spritz of lavender and chamomile – and maybe a glass of wine – everyone will be relaxed in no time!
- 4 ounces of distilled water
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops chamomile essential oil. We used a “pillow blend” that had chamomile as wells as hops.
- Small spray bottle
- Card stock
- Colorful markers
- Paper towel role
- Double sided tape
- Gold glitter
- Pour distilled water into a small spray bottle and add essential oil. Shake to combine.
- Cut various small shapes out of card stock and write little sleepy time notes to your loved ones with colorful markers. We took inspiration from these Anthropologie pillow notes.
- Cut a paper towel roll down in size a bit and put your goodies inside. You also add candy, lip balm and other goodies for your guests.
- Decorate the outside of the roll by putting double sided tape around the sections where the paper towels were attached. Then sprinkle with a little gold glitter. To close it up, just fold the ends of the paper towel roll onto each other, creating a crescent shape.
Read more from Henry Happened here.
Photo Credit: Henry Happened