10 Amazing Bathroom Wallpaper Ideas and Tricks
Wallpaper has come in and out of style throughout the years, but it is undeniably chic when used in small spaces like your bathroom. If you are stuck with old tiles or horrific wallpaper from the 90’s, now is the time to renovate your bathroom and take on a whole new look. Heres how:
1. Make it look bigger: If you want to make your bathroom look bigger, choose wallpaper with a small pattern and lighter colors.
2. Have an accent wall: If you aren’t ready to wallpaper your whole bathroom or you have invested in only a few meters of luxurious wallpaper, choose one wall as your accent wall and paint other walls a solid color.
3. Take a risk: Bathrooms are small spaces with not much furniture, giving you the opportunity to choose a daring, bold pattern to contrast your bathroom vanity, bathtub, or shower.
4. Less is more: Avoid wallpaper with high contrast or busy patterns if you are trying to maintain a simple and clean look.
5. Washable walls: Most wallpaper is washable and there are even water resistant wallpapers available.
6. How to preserve: Put on a layer or two of clear acrylic varnish on the walls over the wallpapers to preserve them from moisture .
7. Get creative: Think of your bathroom as a jewel box that you are trying to transform with glamorous walls, accessories, and hardware.
8. Pay attention to repeats: Choose a pattern that has a repeat of 12 inches or less – this way you will see your wallpaper pattern repeat three or four times in a small space such as a bathroom.
9. Bring in light: An easy trick to bright light into a windowless bathroom is to use reflective wallpaper that will reflect off of mirrors, walls, ceilings and hardware.
10. Wallpaper your ceiling: Place your wallpaper where you would least expect it – on the ceiling is a trend most designers crave but don’t have the guts to do it!
Read more from Better Decorating Bible here.
Photo Credit: Damon Liss
Take your home to the next level in this exciting stage of life. You’re a decorating pro now, so add your creative touch to neglected spaces and pieces. Mattresses, major appliances and family sofas deserve a reset! Splurge on a superb furniture set you’ve had your eyes on and add hand-touches here and there to make your house always feel like home.
Organization & Cleaning
Get creative! Arrange a gallery wall in your hallway for a fresh way to organize keepsakes and pictures.
Donate any furnishings you haven’t used within the last two years to help make room for new purchases.
Do a run-through of your home and replace any appliances and home goods past their prime.
Make your house home for the holidays with chic, yet affordable additional seating and stylish accessories. Host a potluck meal by sending an e-vite to friends and family, encouraging them to bring a dish. An open home is often times the most important part of making a great party happen.
Go small for reinvigorating accessories and go all out for iconic pieces to last for years to come.